i’m not sure how much faith i have in new year’s resolutions… i used to always say “i’m gonna go to the gym and get buff this year!” and then i would go to the gym on january 1st, and so would everyone else. and we’d all feel good and proud of ourselves and our new fancy bodies (to come). but then january 15th would come around. and half of my gym buddies would no longer be at the gym. and by february 1st (or most likely sooner than this), i would join the quitters. i think i wouldnt ever make it because i didnt have anyone holding me accountable. i can always start next year…
this week, the guys and i sat down and thought about some things that were important to us, for lady danville in 2011. and we’re going to try our damnest to stick it out and make it happen. and not only are we holding each other accountable. but we want you to hold us accountable too. so here’s to full transparency in the new year!
The 2011 List
1) create and release a music video
2) record a full length album
3) release a full length album (cd and vinyl)
4) tour every major city we toured during 2010
5) write a song that involves all band members doing an instrument switch-a-roo
6) incorporate one (or more) of these instruments into a song: http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/
7) dan: grow (visible) facial hair. maybe a nice hipster mustache? (this may be impossible).
8) play “sophie roux” for sophie roux in france (on an international tour)
9) get music placed in all of the following: tv show, movie, commercial
10) ??… suggestions …?? help us think of the last one.